Nov 8, 2010

Time and music

Time is a constant suffering to the creative people. Sometimes you feel like you don't have enough time to complete some project or you just feel there's too much time left to you be able to promote your next idea. I am never happy about the time and I don't think I will in next months. I wish I could be some magic being who has the power to stop the time, but unfortunately I don't. But I have an empty room, my work and loud music. That's enough to forget time. That's why once I am working, I am listening to music.

Talking about music, I could tell you about all my favorite genres and so on. But let's be a little more specific about my next fashion show. Every detail is important (make up and hair, models and other stuff I'll write about in next posts), but something I really have fun is deciding fashion's show soundtrack.
At the first show I was talking a lot with a brazilian composer called Lupa Mabuze (sharing my music references and lifestyle opinions with him) and he came with an very exciting beat. It made a good connection with that collection. At second show I was listening world music and Yida Huang came to my ears (one of his songs was in the show).

At this year I am very glad to say Yida composed a song just for the show! Yay! That's amazing. Firstly because it was something I was not expecting at all.  Secondly, everyone knows I am somehow (spiritually) asian, hahaha. I was working with an asian theme (yokais) and it was amazing to have more asian references at this project. Specially in music. Yida, thank you very much for the song, I really loved it!! It totally got the vibe I was thinking to this show.
Ok , fellas, if you have no idea about what I am writing, just listen to his songs:



Cool, huh? Nice songs and heart of gold.  If you wanna check more info, visit his page. Yay!!

Now let's run my last project here in Europe. Today I was kinda relaxing, writing  and solving stock issues.. Just dealing with easy tasks. But tomorrow I'll start new designs. Wish me luck!

I promise I'll come back to talk about make up and other things on the fashion show. It's this week, people! I am excited. And you guys?

XOXO,
marie

No comments:

Post a Comment