Nov 16, 2010

some words..

I was so hyper that I couldn't write something more deeper about the show and so on. So now I'm here able to do that, I hope you enjoy (and I hope you don't think I am a crazy person who just writes a lot! lol).

Last week was crazy, because I was trying to relax but at same time I couldn't. The designs were all finished but many small things needed to be solved. I was helping as I could (since I am in germany and the fashion show was in Brazil)... Sending e-mails, deciding styling, and so on. I slept very bad and I was not really eating well. I was too naive about thinking I would rest. I am able to rest just now that the show is gone.

At Saturday I visited a city called Nuremberg. If you know a little bit of world history, you probably know what it's about. But if not.. This place was chosen (in the second war) to held a lot of Nazis conventions. It was the site of Nazi Party. And I don't know of you guys, but I was always interested in world history. In Europe, the second war is the event that I really like to search about, so for me it was an important thing. Not just because I was stepping in the same places as the Nazis (and they are sooo creppy, wrong and crazy)... But because they were judged in the same city and now it is a symbol of human rights in Germany. Cool, huh? Well, now this place is very open-minded.. It's possible to find many stylish young people and it's kinda energetic. I LOVE HUMAN RIGHTS, I LOVE BIG CITY FEELING... So I really enjoyed Nuremberg. Creepy past and bright future. Keep on, guys.

So at Monday it was the fashion show in Brazil.. And I just loved the results. It was amazing and you can check all the pics at projects area. Now I am really resting,I am so happy!!! But tomorrow I'll come back to work in some new designs. I am having faith I'll be able to deliver for you another project from Europe, so let's keep the fingers crossed.

Once the show was finished, I felt like I had a lot of things to say. Mostly, many things I told some students at my fashion speech some months ago... It's kinda a happiness to be indie, I can't explain. I just love to have my friends around and work.
My last two shows were something we can call "mainstream". So there was a lot of people involved on it. People that I wish weren't involved because they couldn't understand my lifestyle, ideas, designs and so on.. And most important: some of these people just did not respect my work as it should be respected. I felt kinda limited in the styling and creation of fashion image, kinda dissapointed... It's weird when you really work hard, in difficult condictions and many people feel they have some control of your art. Actually they pretend to know more about it than yourself, but they actually don't know anything.I try to avoid this people. And now I have to confess: it's pretty easy to be a 'fashion designer'. You just need to go to the right parties, to became friend of the right people. But to be a REAL fashion designer, it's very difficult (to be known by your work and designs and not money or friends).And I always wanted to be known by my work. ALWAYS. So due all the market beliefs and 'rules', I prefered to put myself away of mainstream. This year I reborn as an indie fashion designer, but very proud of my work and designs. Once you choose to be indie you have to face a lot of money or investment issues, but you have the most important thing: YOU ARE FREE. Your designs are free, you have total control of your work and you can put passion on it. And being honest, I can't do anything without passion.And freedom.

SO I am really happy with this 3rd fashion show. We work hard on it (me and my friends)... And we worked really in a very "true" way. I could really put my lifestyle on it, my image of fashion and so on. Of course, there's always something we can do better and improve, but let's do it in the next projects. I am always changing and it was interesting to see my fashion concept changing as well. It's rock, baby! I hope you enjoyed it. There's youth power, urbanity, music, rebellion, strength... Everything I really enjoy for now. I am so happy. And confident we can build and conquer our own scene. It's indie power!!!

I'll write more about it, I love to tell you how the things are working from this fashion side... And how we can do it in a different way! So if you like it, share the pics, the song and so on with your friends, let's rock on, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment